Friday, March 25, 2016

Chronicles of 2015


The view of the world changes every time there is a new journey.
2015 was a such a year, battling demons inside the heart and the mind and celebrating life away from the hearth of home.
Made three major trips away from India.

The final trip midst the Himalayas ended up in the warmth of home back in Calcutta where one reflected on the bearings of life.

Part 1 
Sand, Sea and Aaonang

A rather spontaneous trip to Thailand at the beginning of the year was to revive romance, break pattern and erase the passport debacle.
Two things I came back with – I can be a shopoholic and I still have the charm for sexual escapades.

Here are a few images that I managed to capture that  revived the camaraderie I shared with the  camera.
 

The Sombre old world

I have forgotten how public phones feel like. I have forgotten how to use them. Honestly I had forgotten about their existence until I saw this at the Suvarabhumi airport.
The local just adds to my love for Murakami and Wong Kar Wai…..


Memoirs

I was always very attracted to the sea, maybe because of my zodiac or maybe because the earliest memory of holidays was at the sea.  This photograph was a perfect amalgamation of having a boat in the vicinity (lest I drown) and watching the sun play with bare skin.


Skin


A woman’s body is fascinating. It is one of the few things that immediately calls for sexual tension.  Bare skin of a woman therefore is something I have always been attracted to, smeared with sea salt, this frame was irresistible and closest I have been to invading into one’s privacy.





Writing 

I have always wanted to write a book.
Until yesterday I thought I was a decent writer only to discover I have rusted.
I like how Stephen King thinks, so when I chanced upon this one, I thought it could help me kickstart a dying love.

To reduce the guilt of many unwritten pieces and unread books I gifted it to my better half with the hope his best also wakes up.

No comments: