Sunday, May 14, 2017

A day in a life of Bandra

A decade ago when I was a newbie this city, Bandra seemed like the perfect nook.
The sea, the pub, the art, the food…it was all here.
And most importantly there was the subculture. There was space for the ones who lived here and the ones who came to live here. And back then subculture was not the new mainstream thankfully

But when I lived in Bandra I did get caught up in the regular stuff and didn’t go running in the morning to the sea, or stop by the favourite pub at the corner. I did not walk about the random lanes to find more street art.
So last year midst some random things I wanted to do, before I moved to another part of the city… I decided to go for a walk with @Alisha and get to know about Bandra.
The history, the story and the fading away of tradition into the abyss of urbanization. 

The beauty in the swamp in some by-lane

The new and the age old way basking in the morning sun

Creepers and old walls have history together

Oh you erotic memories and morning light

The old world charm of @TajMahal Tea House

Let's play a game, let's check your eternal love for me,mate!

Dystopian Wall

Lost on a side trail, this has history embedded

Yes that long ago, during the attack of the plague

Bandra that was Ranwar

Paint of this time, filigrees of that time 

Homes and history

Walls tell stories

Light and Shadow and greens

That window on that road


No comments: