Friday, September 15, 2006

Another NeW DesTiNation

When I was getting my plans fixed for Hyderabad, Priyo Bondhu(Dear Friend)- the musical album from Anjan Datta, a well known Calcutta based singer, director and actor flashed across my mind. It said, “abar notun shahor, noton manush, noton jayega,…..majhe majhe nijeke khub sekorheen mone hoi” ( again yet another new city, new people, places….at times it feels I dun have roots)
But at the same time the bohemian, fleeting mind is always thirsty for it….the age old description that encompasses the deep feeling of conflicting considerations.
The arrival to Hyd was beautiful; the sun was setting across the Hussain Sagar Lake….parallels….the advent of the hidden pearl in my life. The calmness of the city and the historical whispers were interesting.
Anyways the challenges at work place seem to be coming through. I kind of like the energy of the office and the only goal is going back to Mumbai would be optimum self motivation. Going back to the field was equally good! People!!!!! Anyways I have to thank my colleague for the best south Indian lunch since the time I came back from B’s place. Met with this really really old neighbor. Years have flown in between but he still manages to irritate me as much. But the change of the worldview was a welcome change and I did let my confusions out for a while. And to my surprise sweetheart stories also saw the light of the night; I did not even know it existed!
Beyond the materialistic challenges the quirk conversation of life and afterlife was rather interesting that set me thinking, ‘what if the edge gives in and I fall into the deep blue sea?’ but the risk, love, lust, and excavating what is beyond the horizon, all of this appetite is the biggest drive….waiting to see how the future unfolds. And thus I hit the dance floor to let loose….

14TH Sept.2006
02:45 hrs.

1 comment:

Manish "Diogenes" Golder said...

you don't need to introduce dear old balding anjan-da - even if he endures an impractical hair-cut session at A N John - another landmark of his fav Saheb-para....probably out of habit rather than the tickling of his follicles...